Living your life intentionally means taking risks. It involves pushing past fear and doubt in order to achieve your goals and live on your own terms. That can be an intimidating thing, which is why it’s so common for us to allow our inner critic to convince us to wait for the right time to branch out.
However, there are so many reasons why you shouldn’t wait. Taking steps now to live your best life is something you’re not likely to regret. Here are five reasons why you can’t afford to wait for the right time to start living the life you desire:
- You’re Missing Opportunities. When you sit around waiting for just the right time to do something, you’re missing out on countless opportunities. Sure, the unknown can be intimidating. It’s hard to just jump in with both feet, but it is often so worth it in the end. Look at your apprehension as an opportunity. That puts a positive spin on the situation and makes it exciting or challenging to consider.
- You’ll Regret It. Living with regret is an awful feeling. To consider all the things you could’ve tried or accomplished, but didn’t, is an overwhelming, sad experience for most. Instead of telling yourself all the reasons you shouldn’t do something right now, try saying yes to every opportunity you’re offered. You never know what could happen.
- You Won’t Grow. Self-growth is imperative in humans. If you remain stagnant as a person, you may find you have less to offer the world. Taking chances and going after the things you desire enriches you as a person. You learn to take risks and face fear. You’ll also stretch your characteristics and talents, such as persistence, communication, interpersonal skills, resilience and more. These are the types of experiences that lead to self-growth and increased emotional intelligence.
- You’ll Never Be Completely Ready. The truth is, there will never come a time when you’ll feel completely ready to just go for it and give something new a shot. You could almost always use more money, experience, research, time or other resources. You may not be able to do absolutely everything you want to try, but you should definitely take chances on the ones that are within your grasp.
- The Right Time May Never Come. An inescapable part of being human is our own mortality. We aren’t guaranteed a certain number of days. That’s why it makes sense to take every opportunity and chance you possibly can when you are able. There might not be a better time. Keep these reasons in mind the next time you find yourself putting something off for later or for a time that’s better. Doing all you can now will push you toward your goals more quickly and enhance your quality of life.
Have I convinced you to get started now? If you are ready to transform your skill sets into profit, without giving up your passions or your day job, here’s your next step:
Take my FREE Unlock Your Potential Assessment. In less than five minutes, you’ll discover where you are now, where you’re going, and the best plan of action to move you forward based on your personality type.