In this episode, Kimberly introduces Teraza Stacy as her very first guest on The Unlock Your Potential Podcast. Ms. Stacy is Founder and Lead Creative at Stacy James Creative, a blog and business that focuses on DIY, interior design, style, and organization.
Kimberly sat down with Teraza to discuss what life was like prior to starting her business, and how unlocking her potential gave her the personal tools to achieve her business goals.
The same lessons Teraza shares are easily replicable in your life: the value of saying no, pushing your way past the fear of getting started on your goals, the need to first address yourself and your schedule before working on your goals, freeing up time by creating more time for yourself, and starting with what you have instead of waiting to accumulate everything you think you need to get started.
- (0:49) Guest intro: Teraza Stacy
- (2:56) Teraza’s personal, and professional background
- (7:00) How Teraza unlocked her potential
- (8:55)The importance of addressing the person before their goals
- (11:50) Boundaries and the importance of saying “No”
- (15:05) Teraza and Kimberly’s advice on starting your goals
- (20:00) More on the power of “No” – balancing time you have vs. time you want to devote
- (21:35) What’s next for Stacy James Creative?
- (28:00) Recap
- “One victory will lead to two, two will lead to three, and so on.” – Kimberly
- “Document how you’re spending your time over the next three or four days… you’ll see so many places where you could substitute things that you enjoy and take away some of those things they’re doing for other people. A lot of times it’s saying no, other times it’s delegating some of those tasks to other people…” – Kimberly
- “Kimberly’s transformation plan helped me focus on all the root problems and all the other areas of my life that needed to be together in order for me to be able to function well enough to succeed in this business. Once we did that, it all came together. Without that, I honestly would still be stuck.” – Teraza
COACHING WITH KIMBERLY
CONNECT WITH STACY JAMES CREATIVE
CONNECT WITH KIMBERLY
Share your own stories with me on social about how you are using your skill sets to reach new goals with the hashtag #UnlockYourPotentialMovement.
If you want to do this work with me because you are picking up what I’m throwing down, email me about my one-on-one coaching program. I’d like to roll up my sleeves and help you Unlock Your Potential. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS.